Saturday, 21 April 2012

a serious fragment

so i've only very recently blogged on AGU today, but this doesn't really belong there
my auntie jan got facebook today.
and i'm incredibly happy about this. the fact that she's so far away sucks and i miss her. knowing that i can contact her online and be kept up to date with her health is fantastic.
but i'm also worried. i don't know how okay this is all going to be when the time does come and there's a constant digital reminder of the fact that she isn't around anymore.

it's just a little conflicting, that's all. i imagine this to be the equivalent of calling a deceased person and getting their (very alive-sounding) voicemail. on the one hand, it's a relief to hear their voice. on the other, knowing that a recording is all that's left of them is exquisitely painful.

still, i'm going to enjoy it while she's here :)
that is all

2 comments:

  1. I think that it's one of those things that's bittersweet. It's nice to have a reminder of their life and what the did and felt and who they were and how awesome they were. And it sucks, because that's what it is. It's a reminder. But sometimes that reminder can bring a smile to your face on a tough day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have my Granda on facebook. It's not so bad... but then, he didn't use it much. And I was expecting his passing, so I came to terms with it a lot quicker.

    The killer for me is my friend Beth; whose facebook still gets commented on by our mutual friends occasionally (just love messages when people miss her). Every time she pops up, I get a little stab inside. Part of me wants to delete her; but I know I just couldn't do it.

    I guess it's like Lacey says. Sometimes she brings a smile to my face, just seeing her picture.

    I hope you're doing okay.

    ReplyDelete